Amanda Bucklow and Charles Middleton-Smith have a long established training partnership. They have trained 1200 mediators all over the world.
They are very experienced commercial mediators and between them, they have mediated cases in almost every area of commercial, civil and employment claims and many cases not in litigation.
Mediation is a Core Business Process
Our foundation training includes the basic commercial mediation training and expands it to include workplace, teams and projects so that your training is relevant to where you are right now and prepares you in developing a full-time commercial, civil or workplace practice if that is where your ambitions lie.
We focus on interpersonal skills, process design and negotiation skills.
Mediation and structured negotiation are core business processes which accelerate the route to settlement, conserve resources and preserve important relationships. The intervention of a skilled mediator makes all the difference in terms of speed, cost and outcome. The benefits sit right on the bottom line of any business, small or large.
Course Director – Amanda Bucklow
Co-director – Charles Middleton-Smith
- Over 1200 mediators trained. 10 Accredited tutors.
- 2022 Consultancy and content for an online continuous professional development course produced in partnership with Kenyan mediators.
- 2021 Mediator for Business (MfB): Redesigned the foundation mediation skills course from the ground up. This is a hybrid course (online and in person) which takes account of the increase in remote mediation and the greater flexibility that offers parties. It is an accredited course for Commercial, Civil and Workplace Mediation.
- 2014 – 2020 Director of Mediation Training for Strathmore Dispute Resolution Centre, Strathmore University, Nairobi, Kenya.
- 2014: Designed and scripted the first online fully immersive mediation training simulation which was used as part of the assessment and to support students in their ongoing studies. The simulation was developed with leading e-learning platform providers empowertheuser.com. The course is now retired.
- 2008 – 2014 Training and accreditation for mediation training to the Athens Bar, Greece. Trained in English with simultaneous translation into Greek.
- Experienced facilitators of learning and problem solving. Amanda has managed groups of up to 300 people.
- 2010 – 2014 Designed and delivered commercial mediation training for the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
- 2002 – 2003 Designed and delivered pioneering risk assessment and conflict resolution competency for railway engineers to reduce track fatalities and improve the efficiencies within the supply chain. Competency approved by HSE.
Do you have a question?
Foundation Mediation Training