Foundation Skills January 2023
£3,000.00 including VAT
Foundation Mediation Skills – Civil, Commercial and Workplace – 48 hours
Online and In Person
Online Dates: 5, 10, 12, 17, 19, 24, 26 and 31 January 2023
Online Times: 08:30 – 14:00 GMT each day
In-Person Dates: Practice Day 2 February 2022 in London, Venue TBA
In-person Times: 08:30 – 18:00 GMT
To book your assessment on 3 February 2023 in London, please click here
12 in stock
Mediator Skills Training
Our foundation skills training course is unique because we
- offer a pre-course consultation to help you make the right decision about investing in the training and to help us personalise the training you need.
- teach civil, commercial and workplace skills in the same course.
- focus on developing interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- include skills to manage longer mediations including project mediation.
- help you develop skills to conduct online and in-person mediations.
- provide you with a portfolio of templates to kick start your mediation practice.
Optional Assessment: two 1-hour case studies.
On successful completion of two 1-hour role play exercises, you will be accredited as a civil and commercial mediator and a workplace mediator.
The combination of these accreditations gives you the best possible skill set to resolve disputes in your current role and gives you a solid foundation for a commercial mediation practice. It also prepares you to use your skills immediately and a road map for developing top-tier leadership skills.
Teaching: 40 hours online and 8 hours in person with a significant amount of practical exercises, demonstrations and personal coaching.
Your teachers: The course leaders are Amanda Bucklow and Charles Middleton-Smith with guest trainers drawn from the very best in the field. Together, Amanda and Charles have trained over 1200 mediators around the world and have a track record second to none for engaging people in learning these important skills and demonstrating them effectively.
The Course: The course content meets and exceeds the standards set by Civil Mediation Council.
- 48 hours of teaching, role play and coaching
- Pre-course self-assessment questionnaire
- Course materials
- Access to a password-protected website for additional materials
- Post-course self-assessment questionnaire
- e-Book of course materials with navigation
- portfolio of template documents
- Optional Assessment